Sun, sea, safari … South Africa must be one of the best places in the world to live. We have it all – beautiful scenery, amazing weather and of course the people with the biggest, warmest hearts. It is the South African way of life and we love it.
Conserving this way of life is central to the heart and soul of The Earth Collection. We believe that we must take care of not only our country’s beauty but also that of the world. We use only sustainable resources for our fabrics and use only eco-friendly processes when we manufacture our clothes.
We believe is practice what you preach – our name is The Earth Collection because we make the Earth our number one priority.
Our sustainable, eco-friendly ranges include top-quality, classic and durable clothing for women, men and children. We also pride ourselves on how breathable, comfortable and luxurious feel of our fabrics – because we stick to natural processes and eco-friendly manufacturing principles, our fabrics have a unique, amazing feel and is super soft to the touch.
Because of the quality of the fabric, our clothing lasts longer and provides a comfortable fir that is flattering no matter your shape or size. We make real clothes for real people.
The Earth Collection was founded in Denmark in 1993 as a family-run business, which it still is today, and the focus on a strong ethical business practice as well as that personal connection with our clients and attention to the finer details has remained.
The Earth Collection today has more than 500 stores in over 30 countries all over the world. The South African base of operations is in Somerset West in the Western Cape, but the range is available in all major cities in South Africa as well as Namibia.
We are 100% eco-friendly, and always put the environment first
The Earth Collection is all about the conservation of our natural resources and making as small an impact on nature as posible. We do this by supporting only sustainable end ethical farms and keeping eco-friendly standards high when we manufacture our clothing.
- We were the first company to receive the European Ecolabel award in 2008.
- We use natural fibres or recycled fabric rather than synthetic fibres made from the oil industry, which is a non-renewable source and non-biodegradable.
- We use only AZO-free dyes and dyes that contain no heavy metals to minimise waste water.
- Our representatives personally visit each factory that we work with regularly to ensure decent conditions and for quality control.
- All our prints are water-based. All hang tags are 100% recycled cards with water-based ink. All our labels are 100% cotton using water-based ink.
- None of our clothes require dry cleaning – which is a chemically heavy process.
- Our buttons are made from natural materials: mother of pearl, coconut shell, cotton-covered or metal that is biodegradable.
- We do not have extra buttons inside our garments to reduce waste, as studies have shown that more than 99% are normally not used.